Monday, January 26, 2009

TPACK ATTACK




From what I understand about TPACK, it is the most graceful marriage of three basic types of knowledge-Technological, Pedagogical, and Content Oriented Knowledge. In order to be an effective teacher we need to, not only develop our expertise in these three categories, but also use our creativity to combine them in different ways...the most prime being TPACK...or the mixture of all three.

Let's say, for a short example, that I know how to use the digital microscope. That would be TK. And let's say that I also knew that you can see onion plant cells through a microscope. That would be CK. Finally if I knew, from all my teaching courses that it is important to model the scientific process in front of children (PK) I might combine my knowledges together to make a TPACK lesson in which I use the digital microscope to model to the children how to look at plant cells. GENIUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment