Monday, April 6, 2009

What I did.

So, for my technology enhanced lesson I used an elmo and a powerpoint presentation to teach a lesson on "removing clutter from your writing" to my third grade class.

I used the powerpoint to first, model the process of going through a paragraph and getting rid of the clutter.
I projected the text on the whiteboard, and as I ran into text that was not essential, I crossed it out, right on the whiteboard.
Then I showed what the completed paragraph would look like on the next slide.

The class and I then went through the process together, going sentence by sentence and deciding what to keep and what to get rid of.
I then had the students rewrite the new paragraph on their own sheets of paper.

Finally I had students write paragraphs of their own, have a friend edit them, and rewrite the new paragraphs.

I showed them examples on the elmo, pointing out the important elements of the assignement.

No comments:

Post a Comment